What do I need to get started?
All you need is an iPad® or iPhone® and the Options Watch app!
What exactly does Options Watch do?
Options Watch allows you to watch up to 8 NYSE or NASDAQ call options. Based on the strike price for the option compared to the current* underlying stock’s price, you are able to project whether the option will be assigned or not. Calculations for profit made when the option was sold as well as profit on projected assignment are shown. Options expiring in the current week are highlighted. The options are shown in expiration date order.
*Current underlying stock price at the last time of information refresh.
How do I add an option?
Tap “Edit Options” to bring up the list of options you want to watch. Tap on an empty row and fill in the information about a call option you sold. You’ll need to know the NYSE or NASDAQ stock symbol, how much you paid for it, the number of calls sold, the option price, the expiration date and the strike price. When finished editing the list, tap “Done”.
What if I need to edit the information about a option I’m watching?
Tap “Edit Options” to bring up the list of options you are watching. Tap on the field you need to change and enter the corrected information. When finished editing the list, tap “Done”.
Okay, I’ve added the options I want to watch. Now what?
It is time to track the options! Tap “Refresh” to fetch the latest stock information from the market. For each option, you will be able to see:
- Symbol – NYSE or NASDAQ stock symbol.
- Stock Cost – Price you paid per share.
- Last Quote – Current* share price.
- Strike Price – Strike price of the call option.
- # Calls – Number of calls sold.
- Expiry Date – Expiration date of the option.
- Option Price – Price at which option was sold.
- Option $ – Amount of monetary gain from the sale of the options.
- Exercise $ – Amount of monetary gain from assignment of the options. (0 if last quote is below strike price)
- Projected $ – Total amount of monetary gain, ie Option $ + Exercise $.
*Current share price at the last time of information refresh.
Can I change which columns of information I see?
You sure can! Tap “Customize Columns” to bring up the list of columns to display. Tap on the toggle switch next to the columns you want to show or hide then tap “Done”.
How do I remove an option?
Tap “Edit Options” to bring up the list of option you are watching. Tap on the red “X” next to the option you want to remove then tap “Done”.
How many options can I watch?
You can watch up to 8 different options.
How often can I refresh the option information?
You are able to refresh the option information once every minute.